What is Pro Motion?
Pro Motion is a drawing and animation package for bitmap based graphics. You can use it to create game graphics optimized for handhelds,
animated GIFs, icons, comics, logos, still images or clip-arts as well as for creating graphics for your web-pages.
It is especially useful for creating game graphics and level maps or to light weight bitmaps for Flash, Silverlight or HTML5 based
The wide range of powerful functions and tools will help you to create high quality animations in short time.
Pro Motion focuses on drawing graphics at pixel level and is optimized for work flows in that type of graphic
Professional artists will find useful tools like layering or onion skinning to create smooth animations
or to work with multi layer graphics.
You can bring your ideas down to sketches easily. Pro Motion was designed
similar to the legendary Deluxe Paint which became very popular on the
Amiga computer systems.
Numerous supported file types will help you to work hand in hand with other graphics
To give you a basic overview, here are some features:
- a layer engine that can be used to lay several images/animations
upon another supporting merging and layer effects
- dozens different painting methods like invert, smoothing, color cycling,
shade, brighten and more including optional ordered dithering. You
can even define own paint modes with mathematical formulas.
- masking to prevent certain areas of being modified. You can draw your
mask with tools like circle, line, rectangle...
- drawing grid to display any box or shape forms like isometric grid
- dozens of drawing tools (lines, curves, polygons, spray can...)
- pixel perfect drawing that removes smeared pixels automatically
- different filling methods for color shading
- functions to create tile based textures easily (seamless tiles)
- powerful color palette editor to copy/swap/move single colors or ranges, modify HSB/RGB, web color code
- gradient engine for linear or individual color groups. Including dithering options
to increase the virtual color depth
- animations with different delays between frames, ideal for
- alpha transparency or simple transparency based on a transparent color
- load and save Sprite Sheet/AnimStrips (BMP and PNG with animation frames)
- built in tile map editor with in place pixel manipulation options and optimization features
- Onion skinning to draw smooth animation steps (also known as onion skinning) or to
work with project layers
- unlimited undo/redo
- anti aliasing
- animated brushes (use a brush which is an animation itself)
- a basic keyframer, which helps you creating 3d-Animations based on a 2d-image
- brush container to work with different brushes at the same time
- full screen edit mode
- special functions to help creating graphics for handheld computers
such as Gamboy Color/Advance/DS (color tile mapping)
- brush manipulation (bend, shear, stretch...)
- a plugin-interface to expand prgram functions
- 24bit support via JPEG, BMP, TGA, PNG files or the Windows Clipboard
- support for icons and animated cursors
- a simple file format for sprite graphics, ideal for game developers
- plugin interfaces
Related topicsPro Motion Online Help Contents